What is good a vacuum for hardwood floors and carpet? Vacuum users often find themselves worrying over different details whilst looking for a perfect cleaning partner. One of the most common types of vacuum that is purchased is the stick vacuum, especially for hardwood floors. However, if you want to go for a more powerful vacuum, then an upright or a canister is what you want. Though even without a powerful vacuum, you can still follow a few tips to get the best vacuum for hardwood floors and carpet or to maintain your hardwood floors.
How Vacuum Cleaners for Hardwood Floors – 5 Simple Cleaning Methods
A few are as follows:
- Placing a doormat at the entrance of your house to keep the dirt under the shoes outside.
- Keeping a no shoes policy on the indoors or at least keeping a spare pair of indoor shoes.
- Keeping plastic protectors under furniture to avoid scratches whilst moving furniture.
- Keeping kitchen mats to avoid the wearing down due to moisture especially near the sink
- Avoiding steam mops on hardwood floors and using vacuum cleaners instead.
Of course, this maintenance would be impossible without a good vacuum cleaner since mops or other mediums make cleaning harder over hardwood floors.
Based upon buyer popularity, five best vacuum for hardwood floors are:
1. React Powered Reach plus Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Floor sense technology that automatically detects floor type and adjusts brush roll speed
- Prevents damage to bare floors due to its automatic adjustments
- Detachable canister with telescoping handle
- Can easily reach dust under furniture
- Headlights to make dust more visible
2. Sweep and Vac Vacuum Cleaner
- Best cordless vacuum for hardwood floors
- Rechargeable with perfect suction capabilities
- Good for larger debris
- Can easily get into the crevices of the floors
- Light, powerful yet easily maneuverable
3. Compact C1 Turbo Team Canister Vacuum
- Best for both low to medium pile carpets and all types of hardwood floors
- Best for picking trapped debris under carpets or in crevices of hardwood floors.
- Telescopic wand designed to reach the hard spots
- Adjustable brush roll that can be turned on and off through the handle.
- Height adjustability by tapping the foot pedal.
4. Roomba i7+
- Easily programmable and manageable
- Can easily pick pet hair and clean under surfaces
- Dispenses the debris that is collected in the base according to programming
- Replaceable dust bag in the base.
- Perfect for allergy patients due to its non-messy performance
5. V11 Torque Drive Cord-Free Vacuum, Blue
- Adjustable suction according to the surface
- Comes with a screen that shows you the run time and how to fix any mechanical problems with the cleaner
- Easy to use over both high pile carpet and wooden floors.
For the best vacuum for tile floor, vacuums with soft bristles are the ultimate choice if you really want about what is good a vacuum for hardwood floors? For carpets, you might need a cleaner with rollers but rollers can cause scratching over the hard flooring. Hardwood floorings work best with vacuums that have strong suction. This allows them to easily clean into the crevices between the wooden planks. The best vacuums are indeed those that fit well into your need. However to choose the perfect machine for the best vacuum for laminate floors, always look for the ease of use, the cleaning emptying methods, the maneuverability, the weight, and the battery time if you are going for a cordless machine.